Lamb Satay with WasabI Peanut Sauce
Lamb Satay with Real Wasabi™ Peanut Sauce
- 3 lb. boneless sirloin lamb roast
- 1 (10-oz.) jar Real Wasabi ™ Peanut Sauce, divided
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- About 36-12 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
Trim and discard fat off of top of lamb and any large pieces throughout. Cut into 3 inch long, by 1/2 inch wide, by 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside.
In a large shallow bowl combine ½ cup Real Wasabi peanut sauce with chicken broth; stir. Add lamb and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Thread 1 strip of marinated lamb on each skewer. (This can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead. Covered and chilled)
Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Grill skewered lamb over medium high heat for about 1- 1/12 minutes, turn and continue cooking another 1-1/12 minutes for medium rare.
Place remaining peanut sauce in a bowl in the center of a platter and surround with grilled lamb. Garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro leaves and serve.
Makes: 36 skewers