Lamb Satay with WasabI Peanut Sauce
Lamb Satay with Real Wasabi Peanut Sauce
- 3 lb. boneless sirloin lamb roast
- 1/2 cup salted peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon Real Wasabi powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- About 36-12 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
Trim and discard fat off of the top of the lamb and any large pieces throughout. Cut into 3 inch long, by 1/2 inch wide, by 1/4 inch thick pieces and set aside.
In a large shallow make the peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, tamari, Real Wasabi powder and lime juice with chicken broth. Save 1/4 of the peanut sauce. Add lamb and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Thread 1 strip of marinated lamb on each skewer. (This can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead. Covered and chilled)
Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Grill skewered lamb over medium-high heat for about 1- 1/12 minutes, turn and continue cooking another 1-1/12 minutes for medium-rare.
Place the remaining peanut sauce in a bowl in the center of a platter and surround it with grilled lamb. Garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro leaves and serve.
Makes: 36 skewers